I’ve been working with a therapist for the past several months, which is something new for me. I dabbled with therapy during graduate school, but it never really stuck. And, I was never really honest, so we were blithely skating along the false premise. When I decided to quit my disordered eating, I decided to quit a lot of other things, too.
- setting unrealistic goals for myself
- lying, to myself and others
- judging, myself an others… OK, I’m working on it.
- caring so damn much what others think
- setting arbitrary goals and timelines for myself
- feeling anxious all the time
- trying to control everything all the time
- feeling QUITE so guilty about everything and anything
There are more, and I’ll get into the nitty-gritty of these later, but for now, those are the things I’m trying to quit. Day 6, let’s keep this journey going.